Step 1: Generate a CSR code on VestaCP
- Login to VestaCP
- Click Web menu
- Edit the Domain
- Scroll down and see “SSL Support” check box. check this box.
- Click on “Generate CSR” link, it will navigate to another page where you enter a form, enter details and generate, 3 keys in the below boxes.
- SSL CSR
- SSL Certificate
- SSL Key (NOTE: Make sure you save the private key in a separate plain text file on your local computer or server)
- Use this SSL CSR key to generate your domain ssl approval process. After you will receive an email with 2 files .ca-bundle and .crt file.
- Now edit both .ca-bundle and .crt file in notepad.
- Copy .crt text and past into the “SSL Certificate / Generate CSR” field.
- Copy SSL Key which you saved during the generation and past in the “SSL Key” field.
- Open the .ca-bundle file and copy the first SSL certificate key and past into SSL Certificate Authority / Intermediate (optional)
- Click on Save. that’s it.
Final word: Fill in the fields below with their corresponding SSL files:
- SSL Certificate: paste your primary SSL certificate which you received in .crt file.
- SSL Key: paste your private key which you saved (SSL Key) during the generation of Certificate.
- SSL Certificate Authority/Intermediate: enter your CA Bundle first SSL Certificate
Save it now.